Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stuff I Love

One blogger, Shai, started a list of things she really loved.  Not a bad idea, so here goes:

Book: "Sense and Sensibility", "Theirs is the Kingdom" (by Andrew Morton about the treasures of the British Royal Family)

Movies: "A Room With a View"; "Sleeping Beauty"

TV Movie: "The Love Letter"

TV Shows: (past and present) "Frasier"; "Hogan's Heroes";"My Name is Earl"

Music Albums: "A Question of Balance" - The Moody Blues; "Argent" - Argent

Bands/Artists: The Moody Blues; The Beatles; Argent; U2; Crosby, Stills and Nash( & sometimes Young); The Goo Goo Dolls; Bonnie Raitt; Rod Stewart

Commercials: (I know, what a category!) There used to be some pretty good ones, actually.  I liked the Pepsi Light one - "Things We Hate by the New York Giants Defense; The "Mean Joe" Greene Coke ad was good, too; There was a Honda motorcycle ad, mainly radio, I think, that had a "jingle' just about good enough for a real song (following the highway the Honda way or something like that)

Paintings: I love Renoir and lots of Impressionist stuff.  Also Henry Ossawa Tanner - "The Annunciation" is just wonderful  But one I absolutely fell in love with and haven't seen since was one I saw at the Metropolitan Museum in NYC around 1971 - 1972.  It was BIG and as I remember was on a wall near a stairs.  It was sort of impressionistic I think, in blues and whites of a woman in a white dress at a piano.  I didn't note the name of the painting nor the artist, and have never seen it since. So if anyone can help, I'd apprecite it!

Sports Memories: Billie Jean King beating Bobby Riggs; the U.S. Hockey team beating the Russian Team and going on to win the gold medal at the Lake Placid Olympics; the Phillies winning the 1980 World Series ( they won this year too! However I don't follow Baseball as I did back then...) The Dallas Cowboys finally winning their first Superbowl; being bat girl for a team in our town's Semi-Pro Baseball Tournament

Dinner: crab cakes if they're really meaty

Chocolates: dark chocolate or dark chocolate with caramel or the chocolates with hazelnuts

2 comments:

Bruce McIntire said...

I must say this is a great article i enjoyed reading it keep the good work :)

cinnamonb said...

Sorry it took so long to get your reply moderated. Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you'll visit often.