Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Hello to anyone who might read this blog!  Today is absolutely a day to be thankful and to count one's blessings.  I certainly am thankful for the traditional things: family, health, job, cat, Faith and Church, and what goodies (foodwise and other) I'm blessed with.  Interestingly, one of the commentators for ESPN's Monday Night Football (and I'm not sure who, as I really don't catch it that often...) said something like being thankful sometimes for the opportunity to only worry about things like football.  And Glenn Swartz, the meteorologist, put on his blog following his heart attack that in recovery after surgery, he was glad to have the opportunity to go through that pain and recuperation.

These thoughts give a different take on being thankful - sometimes we might be thankful for what we DON'T have to worry about or sometime for even what seems to be a real problem!

So here, somewhat tongue in cheek, is a take on Thanksgiving, 2012 style:

I'm thankful to have the opportunity to only worry about who is the better rookie quarterback, Robert Griffin III or Andrew Luck.

I'm thankful to have the opportunity to only worry about how many minutes of walking will burn off that Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm thankful to have the opportunity to only worry about the sexiest man alive being young enough to be my..... um, younger brother (yeah, that's it...).

I'm thankful to have the opportunity to only worry about where my keys are and not where my head is (thankfully  it's attached to the rest of me).

I'm thankful for the opportunity for the steep learning curve involved in using my new tablet.

I'm thankful for the many opportunities to learn patience while dealing with these customer service phone systems.  Guess this is a lesson I'm still learning...

I'm thankful for the opportunity, and often challenge, of finding topics to blog about!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving. Hope you all have something to be thankful for!

No comments: