Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

Hi all - is ANYONE reading this?

Anyway, today is Thanksgiving Day and I feel it's appropriate to write about what I'm thankful for.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I know sometimes I do take things for granted and it's nice to acknowledge them once in a while!

- I'm thankful I grew up with things like running water, indoor plumbing, heat, decent clothes and shoes, etc..  There are some folks I know well right here in my own county that did not.  I'm certainly not rich, yet if's very hard for me to imagine being so poor.  We must never forget those who have had or continue to face shortcomings in these areas.

- I'm thankful there's food on the table (certainly a good one for Thanksgiving Day - a day to enjoy a feast!).  After reading some articles in the Philadelphia Inquirer about families facing hunger in Philadelphia, I hope I never take food for granted again. We must not forget those who are doing without and see what we can do to improve their situations.

- I'm thankful for my family and friends.  My parents were great and supportive.  Unfortunately, not everyone has had such an advantage.  My family has also been close.  All have been a source of strength to me.

- I'm thankful for my pets, for Bailey and all those who have come before.  They have added so much to my life.

- I'm thankful for  music.  What would life be without a melody to sing, music to play or listen to? Certainly the world would be much poorer. It's something I've just gotta have!

- I'm thankful for my job (such as it is sometimes).  In this economy it IS something to be thankful for.

 - And I'm thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus and what He has done/is doing for us.

Anyone have his or her own list to share?  Please do and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: