Pages

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Summer Reading

Well. summer's here! I'm done teaching summer school, and it's time for summer reading.  I really love to read although I don't have as much time for it as I'd like.  This summer I really must get through David McCullough's  biography, John Adams.  I've started it, and though it's quite readable, it is a very thick volume.

I also want to read the volume of 3 short stories I have by Cat Johnson and the thriller, The Man in the Moon by Tom Tancin.  I met those authors not quite 2 years ago at the Collingswood Book Festival and am really looking forward to reading their efforts.

Then there's the One Book, One College selection of my fine institution from the academic year before the one just past.  I haven't finished that one, I confess.  The selection was The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.  She visited our campus and  was (as were Cat and Tom) very gracious.  And of course I should read the upcoming OBOC selection, The Soloist by Steve Lopez.

Another book I'd like to get through this summer is the historical story/romance Revenge of the Rose by Nicole Galland.  That's not a slim volume, but it does sound pretty good.

And if there's any reading time left, I have plenty of other books I haven't read but keep meaning to get to.  I have so many books I don't know how to find shelf space for all of them!

So what's on your summer reading list?  Would love to have comments and find out what everyone's reading!

No comments: