So it's time to wish my late Father a Happy Birthday. As I did on Mom's last birthday, here's a list of some cool events which happened on Dad's special day.
- 1697 - Sir Isaac Newton receives AND SOLVES Jean Bernoulli's 6 Month Time Limit Problem
- 1788 - The British First Fleet sails into now what is Sydney Harbor; this date now commemorated in Australia as Australia Day
- 1790 - Mozart's opera Cosi Fan Tutte premieres in Vienna
- 1837 - Michigan becomes the 26th (!) U. S. state
- 1925 - Actor and entrepreneur Paul Newman is born
- 1948 - Executive Order ending racial segregation in the U. S. Armed Forces is signed
- 1992 - The Americans with Disabilities Act goes into effect
So there you go, some cool stuff indeed.
Happy Birthday, Dad and enjoy your special day cosmically somehow, some way!
UPDATE OR P. S.:
The Google doodle told me... today was also the birthday of Bessie Coleman, first African-American/Native American female pilot. I'm sure Dad, who once had a private pilot's liscence, would approve!